Saturday 4 February 2012

Collaboration

To ensure that my video is to the highest standard, I wanted to work alongside a videographer with a reasonable amount of experience. Because of my budget, I wouldn't be able to afford a professional and so I sent out ads and casting calls today. Using websites like Model Mayhem, Mandy.com and Linkedin I sent out as many as the sites would allow. I put up a notice on the student bulletin board and emailed as many videographers that would trade for print via their personal websites.

For the dancers, I ideally wanted to have 15. I want to style five as the main characters from the musicals I chose and then each dancer to have two back up dancers, styled more naturally (to blend in and out of the crowd). I had clear pictures of the looks I wanted my dancers to have and they also had to be quite photogenic. With this in mind I decided to look for models with a high experience in dance; different but appropriate styles for each character. So today I also sent out a casting call for around 30 models/dancers around London, using the websites mentioned above. As I have no experience in choreography I wanted to either find a dancer/model with choreography experience or hire/find a trained choreographer.

No comments:

Post a Comment