Sunday 19 February 2012

Styling for Elphaba (Wicked)

I feel that one of the main themes for Wicked, has got to be misunderstood. In the musical we get to know the wicked witch of the west and she becomes what she does because of everything that happened to her. I did think about doing her makeup just like how its done in the musical,  so she's be recognised more than anything else. However after having a few practices with it, I felt like I could do better. I started to look at more Avant Garde hair styles, and more edgy fashion editorials. I wanted to represent when she turned into the evil wicked witch or at least just before the turning point. Below are images that helped me to create my 'Elphaba' look. I was keen on her wearing leather and quite dark makeup with touches of Bright and Dark Green to represent her original styling.













No comments:

Post a Comment