Monday 13 February 2012

Copyright Law Research

After having the presentation yesterday, it was brought to my attention that the music that I am hoping to use (adaptations of the original musical scores) are at risk to copyright infringement. To find out more about the issue I could potentially have to deal with I researched copyright laws and regulations via

 http://ec.europa.eu/internal_market/copyright/index_en.htm

&


It was a bit complicated and I would need to get official permission from owners and companies to use it in my video. Once I had contacted those who I needed to contact, I decided in the mean time to have a back-up plan in case I didn't get permission. I contacted a few students studying music production as well as a local band to see whether they could write something for me to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment